Works primarily on the installation, maintenance and support of on premise and cloud based computer systems technology. Responsible for supporting system servers, data storage solutions, workstations and related software. Customer base is primarily located South West Michigan. Customers supported vary from SMB to Fortune 300 organizations.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
• Professional engineering level certification (i.e. MCITP). Associated vendor certifications a plus (i.e. VMware VCP, Cisco CCNA, HP ASE)
• Minimum 2 years field experience including systems implementation and support
• Understanding of server, storage, and end user computing technologies
• Knowledge of IP and wide area networking
• Understanding of hypervisor and virtualization technology
• Understanding of DNS and DHCP
• Ability to communicate well with technical peers and customers
• Ability to work well both independently and within a team structure
• Excellent technical writing skills
• Assist pre-sales engineering with designing systems solutions delivered to customers and SOW details.
• Configure, deliver, and install hardware/software system solutions based on a project SOW.
• Typical projects include:
– Server virtualization/consolidation solutions
– Business continuity solutions
– Virtual desktop infrastructure solutions
– Storage solutions
– End user device refreshes
– Active Directory, Exchange, Office configuration
– Security solutions
– Prepare appropriate project documentation
• Complete “best practice” proactive systems maintenance tasks for SMB market customers in SW Michigan.
• Perform remote or on-site troubleshooting, diagnostics and repair.
• Conduct installation orientation for clients as needed
• Explain all activities performed on-site to designated client contact
• Conduct post-installation follow-up as needed to ensure client satisfaction
• Attain/maintain professional certifications
• Attend training sessions pertinent to job responsibilities
• Remain up-to-date on current technology